Tuesday 31 March 2009

Me and my rosacea...

So about 3 years ago I was diagnosed with rosacea on my face :( It appeared during winter and at first I had no idea what it was. I thought it was bad acne after suffering with my skin throughout school but when it gradually got worse I went to the doctor. Since being diagnosed I have lost count of the creams and tablets iv been given. Most creams and lotions made it worse! They may work for some people but they really irritated my skin. I finally found some antibiotics that work for me but its a very long process. For personal reasons I had to stop taking them but they were working so as soon as I can I will be taking them again.

So while im not taking them iv been trying different things to see what helps and what makes my rosacea worse. I will do posts on these things soon. Any recommendations though are very welcome :)



The exact causes of rosacea are unknown but there are certain things which have been linked to rosacea and making it worse: cold weather, sunlight, hot drinks, stress, alcohol and certain foods.
The symptoms of rosacea are flushing and constant redness, spots, palpules and pustules, visible blood cells, dryness, burning or stinging sensation and sometimes thickened skin.

There are various websites for information on rosacea. I found the nhs website very clear and helpful www.nhs.uk/conditions/rosacea There are loads more though.

2 comments:

  1. Was it roaccutane that you were on? I've not got rosacea (my aunty does though) but i've leterally just finished a dose of roaccutane for acne cysts that I was getting...hard work (dry lips, skin, mood swings, tears tantrums, constant pregnancy tests) but totally worth it.

    I'm using dermalogica products at the moment (I just got the eye cream yesterday we were talking about - i'll let you know how i get on with it but it seems really good so far)

    Hope you get on alright - I know how downheartening it is having acne. Stick with it, you'll get there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :)No, iv not tried roaccutane (I dont think??). Its some form of anti biotics but the names are so long! While im not taking anything its a good opportunity to try different skincare and makeup and see what happens. Im using neal's yard skin products at the moment but iv always thought about dermalogica products. But keep me posted on the eye cream then, sounds good so far!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin